|Several requests have come to the attention of The Stormy Petrels:|
|1. Papers (between 1,500-2,500 words) are sought for a special issue of OSCHALARS, edited by Karen Devlin.
Subjects may include, but are not limited to:
– ACD and Scotland
– ACD and Ireland
– ACD and his contemporaries
– The Sherlockian phenomenon
– the influence of Maupassant on ACD
– the literary legacy of ACD
– Sherlock Holmes and Hercule Poirot
|Send abstracts (approx 250 words) to Karen at: firstname.lastname@example.org before May 30th.|
|2. Request from The Diogenese Club of Dallas:
They are asking Sherlockians to let them know: given the chance to receive and keep any memento from the original Canon, what would you choose? The item must be from the original stories (not from a pastiche, movie or other media) and you must keep the item for the rest of your life (not to be re-sold)
If you wand to participate, send your feedback to: email@example.com
3. Received from The Musgraves Sherlock Holmes Society: a 26-page spiral-bound publication containing Sherlock Holmes picture puzzles. These puzzles (each a kind of rebus featuring Holmes) were published in various American newspapers in 1905. A lot of fun, but not so easy to solve.
4. Invitation from Roger Johnson, of The Sherlock Holmes Society of London, to take part in a Sir Arthur Conan Doyle weekend in Haslemere, Surrey, England, via The Haslemere Visitor Info Centre.